Menstruation is an inevitable phenomenon with every woman. It is associated with ovulation and reproduction. When egg is not fertilized by sperm, the thickened uterine lining and egg break off and is expelled through the vagina in the form of menstruation or monthly periods as it is commonly called. The uterine lining is shed along with blood, and the womb is cleansed. Proper menstruation is the sign of sound health of a woman; but the fact is that about 90% women encounter one or the other menstrual problem. The main menstrual problems faced by women are menstrual cramps or pain, excessive bleeding during menstruation, irregular menstruation, lack of menstruation or scanty menstruation, and pre-menstruation syndrome. Discussion on and the causes of each of the problems may be given as follows:
1. Menstrual cramps/pain or dysmenorrheal - The breaking up of uterine lining occurs due to the fall in the levels of the female hormones, estrogen and progesterone. This also leads to the release of a compound called prostaglandins that causes uterine muscles to contract, thereby aiding the break-down of the unfertilized egg. Further contraction causes the expulsion of the discarded contents of uterus through the vagina. This contracting and churning result in much pain or cramps in the lower abdomen and pelvic region. For some women, it is so severe that they come to dread their periods.
2. Heavy menstrual bleeding or menorrhagia - Excessive bleeding is due to hormonal imbalances. At times ovaries do not produce egg triggered by hormonal imbalance and this leads to heavy bleeding. Persistent heavy bleeding may be due to fibroid tumors or cervical cancer.
3. Irregular menstruation - If the number of days between 2 consecutive periods is not same every time, a woman is said to have irregular periods. This occurs due to fluctuations in the level of female hormones.
4. Lack of menstruation or amenorrhea - Hormonal imbalance is the root cause of stoppage of periods. Thyroid problems, polycystic ovarian syndrome, stress and lack of estrogen, to be more specific, are conditions that might lead to lack of menstrual periods.
5. Pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) - PMS is used to describe the general discomfort experienced by women since a week preceding the start of periods. Fluctuating levels of female hormones cause this discomfort. PMS includes symptoms like abdominal cramps, headache, body ache, bloating, swelling, breast tenderness, fatigue, irritability, anxiety, mood swings and depression.Home Remedies for Menstrual Problems
1. Drink parsley juice in plenty or blend parsley juice with carrot, cucumber or beet juices to get relief from all kinds of menstrual problems.
2. Consumption of unripe papaya treats well the problem of scanty menstruation or menstrual cessation.
3. Immerse an entire chick pea plant in hot water. Then take bath with that water. This eases menstrual cramps.
4. Pound a piece of fresh ginger thoroughly and boil it in 1 cup water for few minutes. Strain and allow cooling. Then drink the decoction thrice a day to get rid of menstrual problems.
5. Boil banana flower in water until it softens. Then take it out; crush it and consume with curd. This gives relief from heavy menstrual bleeding.
6. Dissolve half teaspoon powdered sesame seed in 1 glass warm water and drink twice a day. This helps to deal with menstrual problems effectively.
7. Mix 10 ml juices extracted from a fresh mango bark with 120 ml water and take 2 teaspoons of the mixture after every one hour. This is an effective home remedy for menstrual problems.
8. Boil 6 grams of coriander seeds in half liter water until the solution reduces to half. Add honey to sweeten and drink the decoction warm. This is beneficial in treating menstrual problems.
9. Take a tablespoon of marigold extracts twice every day. This relieves menstrual pain and treats effectively the problem of scanty menstruation.
10. In half liter water boil 2 tablespoon hermal seeds until the solution reduces to one-third. Strain the decoction; cool it and have 30 ml of the decoction per day. This is an effective solution to menstrual problem.
Here is more information regarding Innovita Ovulation Kit
review our own web site.